|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist 2 - Older Adult|
|Work Site: ||Mental Health Adult, Sunshine Coast Mental Health - Sechelt, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.51 - $45.37 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Mental Health Adult department with Sunshine Coast Mental Health. Apply today to join our team!
As an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Plan, develop and implement psychosocial rehabilitation assessment and intervention to clients referred to the program.
- Collaborates with family members / significant others, inter-disciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
Should there be no qualified applicants, in lieu of previous experience, a training opportunity through a combination of multidisciplinary team and OT/Rehab Practice support may be considered.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current full or provisional registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
- Two (2) years recent related experience in a psychiatric setting working with older adults, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Considerable understanding of occupational therapy principles and technique/ psychiatric rehabilitation principles and techniques.
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available services.
- Demonstrated abilities in facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques, and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, evaluate and modify rehabilitation programs/services and to plan/deliver and evaluate therapeutic programs.
- Demonstrated group work skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload and adapt to a changing caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct functional and specialized OT assessments.
- Working knowledge of psychiatric and physical disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to defuse difficult and complex situations.
- Proven ability to respond therapeutically to clients by telephone
- Ability to plan/deliver in-services to individuals and groups.
- Ability to stimulate clients' interest, assess results of programs and work effectively on an individual or group basis.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability and commitment to work well with administration support and clerical staff are essential.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.