|Job Title: ||Discharge Coordinator (RN) - Nursing|
|Work Site: ||Transition Services, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.46 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$42.25 - $51.78 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Discharge Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registereed Nurse to join the Transition Services team as a Discharge Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Discharge Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Act as a clinical resource for acute interprofessional teams by providing information based on advanced nursing knowledge, theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs requiring Home and Community Care services.
- Provide comprehensive discharge planning for patients/clients/residents requiring subsidized home health services and/or admission/returning to Long Term Care facility.
- Determine client goals and needs, assesses client situations, work effectively with community resources and plan with clients for care and support in accordance with their health needs.
- Within an interprofessional team context, provide continuity of care across the continuum by assessing clients, liaising with team members (both in acute and community), coordinating, implementing discharge plans, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care and supporting transition to and from the community and acute care.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience in an acute care environment and/or community environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the BCCNM’s Standards of Practice for registered nurses..
- Broad knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to patient acuity and bed utilization practices within a tertiary level teaching hospital.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care and discharge planning.
- Broad knowledge of clinical studies methodology and data presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking within clinical and evaluation activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated computerized software skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, presentations and internet access and ability to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.