|Job Title: ||Project Manager I|
|Work Site: ||Enhancing Treatment, 601 W. Broadway - Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until June 30, 2021
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you our next Project Manager? Apply today to join the team at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Manager to join the Project Management Office at 601 West Broadway in Vancouver, BC. In this position you will report to the Project Director or Steering Committee to lead and direct all aspects of assigned projects for your designated programs/services within a designated Community of Care (CoC) and/or throughout Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Your findings and recommendations in this position will have a direct impact on financial and staff resources.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and inspire others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff.
- Work on projects that may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes.
- Communicate with all levels of staff and management within the CoC and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information.
- Liaise with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.