|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist 2 - Certified Hand Therapist|
|Work Site: ||Occupational Therapy, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.51 - $45.37 per hour|
Come work as a Occupational Therapist/Certified Hand Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Certified Hand Therapist to join the Hand Therapy Clinic at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As an Occupational Therapist focused in Hand Therapy with VCH you will:
- Utilize advanced clinical knowledge and procedures to provide occupational therapy and upper extremity therapy to clients with upper extremity injuries to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
- Perform assessments on client’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence based approach and plan and implement advanced outcome oriented services.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the service, participate in occupational therapy and interdisciplinary research and contribute to the development, review and promotion of occupational therapy services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Occupational Therapy and three (3) year’s experience in an acute setting including one year in orthopaedics/hands.
- Successful completion of the American Hand Therapy Certification Examination.
- Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to upper extremity therapy.
- Knowledge of bio-mechanical and assistive technology concepts, current trends and practice.
- Knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation and education.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic Computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.