|Job Title: |
Mental Health & Addictions Intake Clinician
(Master’s degree in behavioural sciences)
|Work Site: ||Youth Alcohol and Drug, Robert & Lily Lee Family Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$34.95 - $43.58 per hour|
1008-2000 Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Stats - as required.
Come work as a Mental Health & Addictions Intake Clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinician with a Master's Degree in a Behavioural Science to join the Youth Alcohol and Drug team at Robert & Lily Lee Family Health Centre in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Mental Health & Addictions Intake Clinician with VCH, you will:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to conduct the centralized intake functions for Mental Health & Addictions Services to ensure linkages between client and the appropriate resources occurs.
- Conduct the intake function for individuals with mental health and/or substance abuse issues and perform initial screening, triage and referrals based on client needs, urgency of request and best practices to determine the appropriate treatment.
- Develop, implement and adjust outcome orientated individualized treatment plans that cover both the mental health and substance use disorder.
- Provide treatment/support services to clients including individual and group therapy, couples and family therapy, and education.
- Manage the waitlist and provide consultation to the client/family.
- Provide information to health providers and the general public, establishe and enhance relationships/communication within Mental Health & Addictions Services and other community resources, prepare and maintain client records, maintain and provide accurate intake/referral data and statistics, participate in team meetings and continuing education, and engage in on-going team planning and quality improvement.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in behavioural sciences.
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience providing treatment services to individuals who have substance abuse and mental health illness, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counselling skills.
- Broad knowledge of bio-psycho-social issues that may occur in response to changing mental health and alcohol and/or other drug needs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mental health, substance abuse and concurrent disorders, their interactions and assessment and screening tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DSM IV diagnostic classification system and case formulation.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Broad knowledge of legislation, government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in health care.
- Knowledge of other facilities and local community resources, including specialized regional and provincial treatment programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies either one-on-one or in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills to promote communication and leading to a cooperative approach to problem solving within a multi/interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships, with external and internal program services.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and facilitate the development of an integrated system of addiction and mental health services, including working with specialty substance abuse and mental health agencies, and other related professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to gather relevant information to make a multi-dimensional substance misuse and mental health assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative care plans with multiple service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to complete a psychiatric assessment, case formulation and, in consultation with the client, to create a treatment plan that addresses both substance misuse and any level of mental disorder.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a variety of theoretical models to practice in assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to perform individual and group counselling.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and respond appropriately to emergent situations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem solve in pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.