|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Relief|
|Work Site: ||Emergency, Powell River Hospital - Powell River, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
0700 - 1900/1900 - 0700
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Powell River, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Emergency Team at Powell River General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As an RN in Critical Care Relief/Emergency with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide emergency nursing care to clients/patients of all ages presenting with a wide variety of symptoms within an uncontrolled environment as well as care to critically ill patients/clients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment, and/or clients in post-anaesthetic recovery.
- As member of emergency response team, stabilize and resuscitate multi-trauma victims, and prepare for and respond to disaster situations.
- Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program plus 6 months’ recent, related experience in emergency nursing or completion of recognized emergency nursing program plus 6 months’ recent, related experience in critical care nursing or two years' recent, related experience encompassing both emergency and critical care nursing.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP standards for nursing practice.
- Thorough knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages, and side effects of drugs used in a critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a critical care and emergency environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the physiological and behavioural aspects of complex critical illnesses.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and/or emergency and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with, clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to critical care and emergency nursing.
- Skill in the use of critical care monitoring and support equipment.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.