|Job Title: ||Injury Prevention Program Leader, Trauma Services|
|Work Site: ||Injury Prevention Centre - VGH 12th & Oak|
Regular Full Time
A Soon As Possible
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday, & Statutory Holidays
Come work as an Injury Prevention Program Leader, Trauma Services with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Injury Prevention Program Leader, Trauma Services to join the Injury Prevention Centre team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As an Injury Prevention Program Leader, Trauma Services with VCH you will:
- Report to the Patient Services Manager, Trauma Services, and operate within a complex, dynamic environment, working collaboratively in a cross-organization capacity.
- Be the principle Trauma Program Lead for injury prevention programs, representing the provincial quaternary level 1 trauma center at a program, regional/provincial and national level by contributing to injury prevention related activities including partnership development, stakeholder and community engagement, evaluation, policy development, research proposals, promotion and educational campaigns and training.
- Work collaboratively with acute and community partners to carry out project plans and achieve objectives related to projects.
- Lead the coordination, development, implementation and evaluation of programs/services designed to foster injury-free lifestyles and prevent and/or minimize the severity and frequency of injuries in the province.
- Represent Trauma Services in the development and delivery of regional and provincial injury prevention policy and procedures, community and corporate partnerships, research proposals and promotional and educational campaigns in mediums that include print, radio, television and web site.
- Create and maintain working relationships with disciplines involved in injury prevention, health promotion, education, media and social marketing at the organizational and provincial levels to ensure programs and services are aligned and standards are maintained.
- Communicate and collaborate with individuals and groups involved with the development, implementation and delivery of programs and services to target populations.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, Business Administration, Health Promotion or a health related discipline supplemented by five (5) years’ recent, related experience in partner/stakeholder engagement, health promotion, program development or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work within a complex, dynamic environment, working collaboratively in a cross-organization capacity.
- Strong knowledge of population and public health.
- Ability to review and interpret applicable reports.
- Ability to critically analyze and synthesize complex evidence base into summary reports.
- Demonstrates understanding of many diverse audiences and unique challenges faced by the health authority to communicate effectively across communities and audiences.
- Uses exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills to establish strong and effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Uses strong social marketing, writing and editing skills to compose messages for a variety of target markets in a clear and concise manner to strategically present information to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates advanced computer skills in a variety of software applications and web-based technologies including desktop publishing, presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and database to develop high-quality IP resource materials and deliver programs.
- Effectively builds relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Professionally consults to enable successful sharing of expertise with caregivers, patients/clients, families/significant others, other members of the public and colleagues.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with skill, tact and diplomacy.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.