|Job Title: ||Health Records Administrator 1 - Trauma|
|Work Site: ||Trauma Services, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately December 2020|
|Salary: ||$28.06 - $34.97 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Health Records Administrator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Health Records Admnistrator to join the Trauma Services team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Health Records Administrator with VCH you will:
- Working within a team based environment, perform interpretation, abstraction and codification of data and assist in the operation and maintenance of the Trauma Registry for designated acute care facilities.
- Perform duties such as:
- interpreting and abstracting data,
- scoring data by injury,
- entering data into computer,
- compiling statistical data and performing statistical analysis,
- generating a variety of reports as directed,
- communicating with internal and external personnel regarding data retrieval and interpretation,
- processing approved release of data requests,
- providing input into the review and revision of policies and procedures,
- and participating on various committees and in designated projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduate from an approved Health Record Administrator or Health Record Practitioner diploma program, successful completion of the Canadian College of Health Record Administrator’s examination at the Certificant level plus one (1) years’ recent, related experience including data interpretation, analysis and coding in an acute care setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid motor vehicle Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia and access to a personal car is required for local area travel.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of the Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) and Injury Severity Scoring.
- Broad knowledge of Canadian Institute of Health Information's coding and abstracting systems including the International Statistical Classification of
- Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD) and the Canadian Classification of Health Interventions (CCI) currently utilized in BC.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pathophysiology terminology and disease processes.
- Demonstrated ability in use of advanced computerized databases and related equipment and software applications such as Windows, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint, report writers, relational databases, and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present data effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to develop policy and procedure protocols and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.