|Job Title: ||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - COVID-19 Outreach Team|
|Work Site: ||STOP HIV-AIDS - Three Bridges Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately May 2021|
|Salary: ||$28.15 - $32.02 per hour|
0830-1630. Days and hours to be determined, but will include evenings and weekends.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join the COVID-19 Outreach Team. Apply today to join our team!
About the COVID-19 Outreach Team (COT)
The COVID-19 Outreach Team (COT) provides clinical support to under-housed, precariously housed or homeless clients who are admitted to the designated isolation sites during the COVID-19 pandemic. COT provides short term care to clients admitted to designated isolation sites with a focus on COVID-19 symptom management. COT primarily aims to:
- Decrease community transmission of COVID-19
- Transition to alternate level of care ( acute care) when potential serious complications of illness arise
- Manage client’s symptoms based on client’s goals of care and support/monitor client during a period of convalescence.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health, you will:
- Work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Perform full scope of practical nursing functions as outlined by BCCNP standards for LPNs with a focus on clients with stable and/or predictable states of health; this includes activities such as assessing, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care and support to the client according to established care plans.
- Work with the Registered Nurse, Medical Health Officer and/or Physician on-call in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes or where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence pursuant to the standards of practice of BCCNP for Licensed Practical Nurses.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Licensed Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination or education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years recent experience working as a full scope Licensed Practical Nurse.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of infection control and management of infectious illnesses in the affected population.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond to the client flow and health delivery system.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge and practice within the standards dictated by the BCCNP for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Ability to clinically support clients with mental health and substance use issues.
- Broad knowledge of harm reduction & Trauma Informed approaches to client care.
- Demonstrated ability in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage/solve conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer programs (Word, Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to operate medical related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.