|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 |
|Work Site: ||R.W. Large Memorial Hospital - Bella Bella, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.27 - $45.25 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Ask us about relocation assistance and staff housing.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree to join the Intensive Case Management Team in Bella Bella, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker in Bella Bella you will:
- Provide case management and clinical and consultative social work services to clients and families/care givers experiencing brittle support systems, family conflict, social functioning and mood and behaviour issues preventing them from transitioning to the community.
- Receive referrals from various sources to facilitate timely and efficient discharges from acute care and the Emergency Department.
- Perform duties such as:
- conducting functional and psychosocial assessments,
- providing individual, family/care giver and group counselling services,
- developing care plans,
- coordinating and implementing clinical interventions,
- evaluating client outcomes,
- and coordinating ongoing care.
- Attend interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences and rounds to review strategies for coverage of services.
- Participate in discharge planning to provide information to clients/caregivers regarding expectations of services following discharge.
- Provide support to existing services in private homes, various facilities and inpatient units as required to expedite transitions.
- Identify applicable community resources for clients and plans for their care and support in accordance with their health needs and self care principles.
- Introduce concepts of self-management to prepare clients for discharge to community.
- Inform the client of, and/or directly provide, bridge support until referral services begin with community resources.
- Participate in quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education.
- Utilize relevant software applications, such as PARIS and Microsoft Office programs as needed.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
ABOUT BELLA BELLA, BC
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community off the central coast of British Columbia, 690 km north of Vancouver. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets and old growth forest. It is home to salmon, orcas, humpbacks, bald eagles and the other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
The R.W. Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella has 7 acute beds, 7 long term care beds and a 4-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging services. It offers telehealth services as well as speciality clinics. R.W. Large Memorial Hospital also has an Intensive Case Management team for mental health and substance use. There is a medical clinic and a pharmacy located in the hospital. The healthcare team consists of Physicians, RNs, LPNs, PCAs, Laboratory and Radiology Technologists, Combined Lab/X-Ray Technologists, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistants, and Support Services Personnel.
R.W. Large Memorial Hospital is located on the traditional territories of the Heiltsuk Nation.
For more information regarding work on a reserve, please refer to this link:
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience in case management working with geriatric clients and adults with chronic and acute illness or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated program/area.
- Comprehensive knowledge of case management practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it relates to the social work process.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize mediation, conflict resolution and counselling skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based practice related to care of clients needing supportive case management.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.