|Job Title: ||Child & Youth Hospital Liaison|
|Work Site: |
Youth Mental Health & Addictions, Various North Shore Sites:
- Foundry North Shore
- Lions Gate Hospital
- HOPE Center
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately June 2021|
|Salary: ||$34.95 - $43.58 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Child & Youth Hospital Liaison with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Child & Youth Hospital Liaison to join the Youth Mental Health Addictions team in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Child & Youth Hospital Liaison you will:
- Provide case consultation and treatment/discharge planning for children and youth with mental health or substance misuse issues within acute hospital wards.
- Provide clinical services to children, youth and families, document records of communication and client contact and provide outpatient counselling services.
- Liaise with and coordinate information exchange with community health care agencies, provide consultation to acute care services staff and perform short term clinical bridging support to community agencies.
- Participate in committees, community initiatives, team meetings, continuing education and engages in on going team planning and quality improvement initiatives.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a related, regulated health science discipline.
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience working with children and youth with mental health and/or addiction issues in a health care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Second language is an asset e.g. Farsi.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of emergency mental health and crisis stabilization.
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Knowledge of DSM IV Diagnostic Classification System, mental status examination and case formulation.
- Knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side effects).
- Knowledge of infectious and chronic disease management.
- Knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client care, including the BC Mental Health Act.
- Ability to conduct mental health and addiction assessments and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with clients and their families and health care staff.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative, be flexible, work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage aggressive and suicidal behavior.
- Ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- De-escalation and conflict resolution skills.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.