|Job Title: ||Manager, Support Services, Food Operations|
|Work Site: ||Business Initiatives & Support Services (BISS), Eagle Ridge Hospital|
Regular Full Time
Approximately June 2020
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you the next Manager, Support Services, Food Operations at Eagle Ridge Hospital?
The Business Initiatives & Support Services (BISS) Team is looking for a Manager, Support Services, Food Operations at Eagle Ridge Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As the Manager, Support Services, Food Operations you will:
- Be responsible and accountable for the leadership and food operations staff management.
- Is responsible for monitoring the performance of other contracted support services and customer service management within the assigned Lower Mainland site/facilities that may include facilities of Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Service Authority and Fraser Health (reference as Lower Mainland BISS). However, the primarily responsibility will be for Fraser sites as assigned with in-house food operations.
- Is responsible and accountable for understanding and implementing BISS policies and service standards, creating and leading key operational projects (as assigned) and supporting other colleagues with similar responsibilities.
- Is responsible for creating and maintaining a specific Service Level Agreement (within the BISS template and framework approach) for their facilities/sites and the SLA will include all BISS support services.
- Together with the colleagues of Contract & Operational Services team and the Regional Director, the Manager is responsible for building and maintaining exceptional customer and, as appropriate, operational vendor relations that deliver consistent performance to commonly required standards.
- Anticipates major changes at their site/facilities that impact services, and plans and implements mitigating strategies.
- As a member of the Contract & Operational Services Management Team, the incumbent is expected to participate in a respectful and productive manner, provide and accept thoughtful counsel and advice, and fully support decisions made by this team.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Dietetics or Nutritional Science from an accredited university is required.
- Graduate of Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship Program, Current Registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- At least 5 years of recent working experience in a food operations management role in a health facility is required, or a combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of health facility support service operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge in contract management, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Practical understanding of contract law and commercial terms & conditions.
- Extensive experience in managing partner/vendor relationships.
- Extensive experience in managing projects to achieve results.
- Broad knowledge of the BC Health Care Industry environment.
- Effective leadership and communication skills to foster a respectful and motivating environment.
- Competently utilizes spreadsheet and word processing applications at an intermediate to advanced level and has a comprehensive knowledge of computerized purchasing systems, including e-commerce applications.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.