|Job Title: ||HIV/AIDS Outreach Nurse (RN) - COVID-19 Outreach Team |
|Work Site: ||STOP HIV-AIDS - Three Bridges Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.80 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately May 2021|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
0830-1630 Monday to Thursday. May include evenings and weekends, hours subject to change according to operational requirements.
Days off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an HIV/AIDS Outreach Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nurse to join the team at Three Bridges Community Health Centre with the STOP HIV/AIDS. Apply today to join our team! This position will be a part of the COVID Outreach Team and may have varying hours of work based on operational requirements.
As a HIV/AIDS Outreach Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health, you will:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide outreach services to vulnerable/marginalized clients and communities who are at high risk for HIV/AIDS.
- Provide frontline primary health care services to clients in the form of immediate assessment, intervention and treatment.
- Provide pre- and post-test counseling for the HIV antibody test, test results, and ongoing support and referral to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of HIV/AIDS clients.
- Provide harm reduction education, counseling and support from a nursing perspective on issues relating to Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and HIV in non-traditional settings such as gay bars, drop-ins, on the street and other meeting places.
- Distribute harm reduction supplies.
- Collaborate with other community-based agencies to reach populations at high risk for acquiring STDs and HIV.
- Liaise with community-based AIDS organizations or other organizations to plan, develop, implement and deliver preventive HIV/AIDS educational material workshops and programs to targeted groups.
- Identify the health issues, behaviours, needs, barriers and challenges for at-risk populations.
- Work collaboratively in team settings to develop creative strategies to address the challenges and participates in research projects, and surveys as required.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience providing screening, assessment and treatment services to clients at risk or living with HIV/AIDS or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience performing HIV testing and certified nursing practices (STI testing and treatment, pelvic exams, follow up of communicable/sexually transmitted diseases).
- Certification in Reproductive Health (STIs) with BCCNP.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client-centered approach.
- Knowledge of Community development and health promotion principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP Standards for Practice for registered nurses.
- Broad knowledge of HIV/AIDS, STIs and communicable disease control.
- Broad knowledge of mental health and addictions.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and HIV/AIDS community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with clients and their families, health care staff and community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, take initiative, be flexible, and work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make nursing practices decisions
- Demonstrated ability to manage aggressive and suicidal behaviour.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to identify community resources appropriate to client needs.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population including Aboriginal communities and sexual minorities.
- Demonstrated de-escalation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.