|Job Title: ||Medical Radiation Technologist 3, Computed Tomography/Interventional|
|Work Site: ||Computed Tomography, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$32.64 - $40.69 per hour|
0600-1430, 0800-1730,1000-1930, 1230-2200, 1430-2400, 0700-2000, 0900-2200, on call may be required.
Come work as a Medical Radiation Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Medical Radiation Technologist to join the Computed Tomography team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Medical Radiation Technologist with VCH you will:
- Perform special procedure examinations in CT Scan and/or Angiography.
- Perform duties including:
- receiving and completing requisitions,
- entering relevant data into the radiology information system,
- preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures,
- operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data,
- monitoring patient during procedures and monitoring equipment performance.
This position may be responsible for the evening, night and weekend shift, and may supervise at least one (1) other Medical Radiation Technologist or a total staff of more than two (2) up to and including four (4) FTE.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current Certification with the CAMRT. A minimum of two (2) years’ recent, related experience plus successful completion of advanced courses in Angiography and/or CT scanning as well as Cross Sectional Anatomy or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of an Intravenous Therapy training course.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for general radiology, CT and Interventional procedures.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with Medical Imaging equipment.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or relevant national professional associations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of external agencies. Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate, coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated skill in CT and Interventional techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of aseptic techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.