|Job Title: ||Psychologist |
|Work Site: ||Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation and Support, GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.60 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately May 2021|
|Salary: ||$45.36 - $56.58 per hour|
Days off: Monday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Come work as a Psychologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Psychologist join the Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation and Support department at GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Psychologist at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be in charge of psychological services provided to a section of the facility for the designated scope of practice area within mental health services that are essential for the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and/or rehabilitation of clients, across their lifespan, with neurological, medical, neurodevelopment and psychiatric conditions, as well as other cognitive and learning disorders.
- Be responsible for providing neuropsychological services within the acute and ambulatory care settings utilizing specialized knowledge and expertise in the applied science of brain-behaviour relationships.
- Perform duties such as:
- completing neuropsychological assessments, psychodiagnostics and intervention,
- liaising with external agencies,
- attending clinical/case conferences,
- evaluating the effectiveness and appropriateness of treatment,
- and maintaining client records including documenting client diagnosis and most effective form of treatment, charting client information and test results, and preparing progress notes and psychological reports.
- Participate in quality improvement and risk management activities.
- Provide clinical teaching and supervision to Psychology Residents, Fellows and students.
- Conduct and participate in research.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of a Doctoral level program in Clinical Neuropsychology.
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience in the designated scope of practice areas of mental health services in the study and practice of clinical neuropsychology and related neurosciences including diagnostic and consultation services.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia or registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia within one year of employment.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of neurobehavioural diagnostic and consultation techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of neuropsychological and psychodiagnostic assessment methods and tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of brain-behaviour relationships and neurobehavioural syndromes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychological diagnosis.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of evidence based neuropsychological practice.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and supervise.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.