|Job Title: ||Manager, Public Health, Primary Care, Prism & Trans Specialty Care|
|Work Site: ||Primary Care, Three Bridges Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you the next Manager, Public Health at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Public Health, Primary Care, Prism & Trans Specialty Care to join the team at Three Bridges Community Health Centre. We are seeking a strong leader with the skills to support diverse clinical teams and populations. Apply today to join our team!
As the Manager, Public Health, Primary Care, Prism & Trans Specialty Care, you will:
- Be responsible for the planning, delivery and evaluation of a broad spectrum of community programs that emphasize health promotion, prevention, primary and addictions care across diverse ages and populations.
- Provide leadership and direction for operations management, planning, implementation and evaluation of services and activities within the areas of responsibility.
- Lead an inter-disciplinary team and work as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, education and research.
- Work closely and liaise with other Managers, Directors, physicians within the Community of Care (COC) and Vancouver Coastal Health, the Executive Directors of contacted agencies, leads of medical program and transition teams, the Senior Management Team, and community and health authority partners such as municipal government, provincial ministries, schools, police, and emergency services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses as well as seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/unit and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Promotes development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.