|Job Title: ||Clinical Educator, Nursing (RN)|
|Work Site: ||Intensive Care Unit, Richmond Hospital - RIchmond, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$42.25 - $51.78 per hour|
0715-1515 Monday to Friday
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Clinical Educator in Critical Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Critical Care department as a Clinical Educator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Educator at Richmond Hospital you will:
- Provide clinical education services including individual and group learning assessments and opportunities.
- Develops, implements and evaluates clinical education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of generalized and specialized clinical practice as well as teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consults, confers and collaborates with educators and clinical program and team members in promotion of continuous quality improvement, resolution of clinical education issues and coordination of activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs.
- Takes corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Three (3) years’ recent, related nursing experience in Critical Care, including one year's related teaching experience and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area.
- Completion of ‘Educator Pathway Program’ is preferred.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related nursing experience in Critical Care.
- Valid Driver's License to operate a vehicle within B.C. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of clinical practice related to treatment and care of the designated patient/resident population.
- Knowledge of organization’s policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/resident care.
- Knowledge of research methodology and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and patients/residents and their families, either one-on-one and/or in-groups, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in techniques appropriate to designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively and efficiently in emergency situations and guide others in order to deliver quality patient/resident care.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system and other relevant electronic applications such as email, word processing and presentation software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.