|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Acute Medicine|
|Work Site: ||Acute Medicine, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Acute Medicine at Lions Gate Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Acute Medicine department at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Acute Medicine you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for the designated Acute Medicine patient/client group.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group - Acute Medicine including geriatric and chronic disease patient populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology, treatment protocols, and nursing interventions related to common diagnoses and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Cognitive impairment/Dementia; Respiratory Disease/Asthma/COPD; Diabetes; Renal; Bowel management; Gastrointestinal disease; Heart Failure (CHF); Addictions).
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnoses and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Delirium (PRISME/CAM); Dementia (PIECES framework); Depression (ECT); Dysphagia; Sepsis/Shock; Respiratory depression/failure; Renal failure; Hepatic failure; Stroke; Malignancy; Cardiac complications, Cardiac Arrest; ETOH withdrawal (CIWA Assessment); Endocrine disorders; GI disorders).
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with Central venous access devices; Oxygen delivery equipment; other care related tubes, catheters, drains, suctions for patient population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with acute/chronic pain management; addictions/withdrawal issues; end of life care. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of IV/CVC; Oxygen Therapy; NG Insertion; Wound care; Chest tubes; Post Thoracentesis/Paracentesis Drains; Catheterization; Medication reconciliation, transcription and administration (various routes).
- Demonstrated skill in assessing, maintaining, troubleshooting CVC/PICC/IVAD; Tracheostomy; NG insertion; Nephrostomy/Percutaneous drains.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client population including IV, infection control, isolation protocols etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.