|Job Title: ||Leader, Community Engagement|
|Work Site: ||Community Engagement, Corporate - 520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT LEADER - VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH
Reporting to the Director of Public Affairs and Stakeholder Relations, you'll develop and lead community engagement strategies that ensure the patient's voice is at the centre of delivery of care and advance VCH's priorities, strategic initiatives and projects.
As the Leader in Community Engagement, you'll play a pivotal role not only in ensuring the patient's voice is involved in decisions that affect their health but also advance VCH's strategic priorities by working with Vancouver Coastal Health's (VCH) diverse patient groups, families, communities, stakeholders and partners.
Keeping current with trends and best practices in community engagement and communications, particularly within a complex organizational context, you're well prepared to lead a team and ensure we are implementing a wide range of tools and tactics to extend people-centred care beyond the individual client and family and into the community at large.
As part of the Communications and Public Affairs team, you'll work with the Director of Public Affairs in integrating community engagement practices within the department as well as work closely with the digital team to develop new on-line engagement opportunities. You'll assess the organization's community engagement requirements and develop, implement and evaluate broad strategies. You'll also work across the organization and with other departments to integrate stakeholder needs into planning and decision-making.
If you're an exceptionally capable and experienced leader who thrives in complex environments with multiple demands yet can implement community engagement strategies that ensure the community's voice is heard, then this could be your opportunity to make a difference and be a part of one of Canada's largest health authorities.
- A university degree in community development, communications, public relations, marketing or another relevant discipline and a minimum of ten years of experience in community capacity building, or a health-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A post-graduate degree, experience in a health-related discipline and accreditation/certification (IAP2) would be an asset.
- Significant knowledge of the philosophies, principles and practices of community engagement, stakeholder relations and public participation.
- Considerable experience managing, mentoring, coaching and developing employees.
- Extensive experience in community engagement and communications, preferably in the public sector.
- Specific experience in digital community engagement strategies and market research.
- Extensive knowledge in project communications and public engagement.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking, problem-solving, project management, organizational, consultative, facilitation, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong creative outlook and ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead the development and implementation of plans, strategies and programs in a deadline-oriented, high-profile and demanding environment.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively and creatively, both orally and in writing, within tight time frames.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of current trends and best practices in community engagement relevant to complex organizations.
- Builds relationships through clear and effective communication with partners and facilitates consensus on matters related to the engagement and support of citizens in pursuit of health system changes and improvement initiatives.
- Consults and involves diverse stakeholder groups representative of the patient population at VCH in a manner that reflects our values.
- Supports the design and implementation of engagement education, training, change management and communications strategies for VCH initiatives.
- Develops and implements outreach strategies to recruit citizens and volunteers from diverse communities.
- Facilitates relevant activities in support of the meaningful engagement, participation and retention of patient, family and public volunteers in local, regional and provincial patient engagement opportunities.
- Contributes to process improvement and outcome evaluation by identifying and evaluating new initiatives, developments and trends within community engagement.
- Collaborates with site, geographic, program leaders and providers, and corporate service leaders to identify opportunities for engagement of patient partners.
- Monitors practice trends, identifies opportunities that promote innovation and partnerships with patients for improvement, and supports the consistent delivery of patient-focused quality care.
- Represents VCH at a variety of events in order to promote engagement.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.