|Job Title: ||Coordinator (RPN/RN) - Long Term Care|
|Work Site: ||Long Term Care, Cedarview Lodge - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$42.25 - $51.78 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Coordinator in Long Term Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Long Term Care team at Cedarview Lodge as a Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Coordinator in Long Term Care with VCH you will:
- Provide leadership and guidance to designated staff and coordinates long term care activities in a defined area of clinical expertise.
- Ensure a high standard of long term care by acting as a clinical resource for staff, supporting staff training and development, and provide leadership and support to the interdisciplinary team.
- Assist the Manager/Clinical Services Coordinator with performing administrative activities and ensuring optimal use of resident care resources.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources, and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in resident and family centered care, education and research.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated clinical area including one (1) year's administrative/supervisory experience and one (1) year’s clinical teaching experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of Nursing theory and practice within a resident/family centered model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to designated clinical area.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in resident care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, supervision, work direction and consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and coach.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with residents and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use computerized resident care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.