|Job Title: ||Compensation & Classification Advisor|
|Work Site: ||Compensation & Classification, Employee Engagement - 620 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you the next Compensation & Classification Advisor at Vancouver Coastal Health? Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Compensation & Classification Advisor to join the Compensation & Classification team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Compensation & Classification Advisor with VCH you will:
- Provide comprehensive work design, job evaluation, and classification services for both unionized and excluded positions as part of an integrated Employee Engagement team providing services for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Provide specialized consultation to Employee Engagement team members, management and senior leadership.
- Analyze the impact of work design initiatives and/or issues that maintain consistency with broader organizational vision and strategies; mitigate risks and realize efficiencies.
- Liaise with VCH employees, union representatives, employer bargaining agents, legal council, other health authorities, and external organizations to exchange information, influence and support consistent and fair practices.
- Investigate classification grievances, interpret relevant collective agreement language, policies, regulations and jurisprudence related to area; negotiate resolutions and represent the organization in third party dispute processes regarding job classification or exclusions.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in a related field plus three to five (3-5) years’ recent related experience in work design, job evaluation and classification in a unionized environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current membership with a recognized professional association such as the WorldatWork or the Human Resources Management Association is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Identifies relevant job facts and writes these in a succinct and creative manner.
- Consistently applies expertise in work design techniques and industry job evaluation systems.
- Knowledgably interprets collective agreements and arbitral jurisprudence related to assigned areas.
- Fosters open and respectful relationships with management and unions that contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Negotiates and influences within a collaborative framework to resolve conflict.
- Communicates in a compelling manner in order to influence decision-making and/or resolve disputes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.