|Job Title: ||Manager, Decision Support - System Improvement|
|Work Site: ||Decision Support, System Improvement - Lions Gate Hospital, Richmond Hospital & 520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Regular Full Time
Approximately April 2020
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you the next Manager, Decision Support at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Manager to join the Decision Support team in Vancouver, BC. In this position you will report to the Director, Decision Support, and manage and direct system improvement projects and decision support services provided across a VCH Community of Care (CoC). Your findings and recommendations in this role will have a direct financial and staff resources impact.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Leading the application of Industrial Engineering/Operations Research principles and techniques for the optimization of patient flow and systems efficiency.
- Coordinating project activities including financial responsibility for projects and managing resources to meet the schedule and budget for project deliverables.
- Establishing the project team and providing leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff.
- Assisting colleagues in working with stakeholders at all levels to achieve goals and deliverables associated with patient flow improvement.
- Communicating with all levels of staff and management within the CoC and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information.
- Liaising with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Health Services Administration, Science or Business Administration, and professional development in process improvement techniques, with seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related experience that includes managing large-scale projects and applying a variety of technical analytical tools to a range of process improvement opportunities.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Valid BC Driver’s license required as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the organization.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Computer literate with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.