|Job Title: |
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker
(Certificates in Social Services, Health Care Worker, Support Worker, Community Mental Health, Human Service Worker, or Addictions Worker)
|Work Site: ||Intensive Tertiary Mental Health - Joseph & Rosalie Family Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$25.33 per hour|
|Hours: ||0730-1930 / 1930-0730, with rotating days off|
Come work as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker with a Social Services Diploma OR a Certificate from a Health Care Worker program to join our team at the Joseph & Rosalie Family Community Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Mental Health Rehabilitaiton Worker at VCH you will:
- Provide support to the recovery of individuals living with severe and persistent mental illnesses who require resources beyond the scope of secondary mental health services due to the intensity, complexity or intractability of their symptoms.
- Provide a variety of day-to-day physical, emotional, and social supports, advocacy, life skills assistance and support to access resources to individuals with complex severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to assist in the development of individualized rehabilitative treatment plans.
- Contribute to the overall evaluation of the client.
- Observe and monitor clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and report significant observations.
- Establish, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
- Promote independence for client while supporting them with activities of daily living such as personal care, including bathing, grooming, dressing, oral hygiene, toileting needs, perineal care and incontinence supply changes; community appointments/errands/activities; and meal planning and preparation.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment for clients and the team.
- Participate in team meetings, engage in team planning and quality improvement activities, and maintain and updates own knowledge.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, Social Services Diploma, or Certificate from a recognized Health Care Worker educational program, such as Health Care Support Worker Certificate, Certificate in Community Mental Health, Human Service Worker Certificate or Addictions Worker Certificate, plus two (2) years’ experience working in a psychiatric setting with individuals who have complex mental health and addictions issues, or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
- Successful candidates may be required to successfully complete a Food Safe certification course if applicable to the designated program during their orientation/qualifying period in order to be deemed to have successfully passed their qualifying period.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize the work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.