|Job Title: ||Leader, End of Life, Palliative Approach to Care|
|Work Site: ||End of Life Support, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Leader with the End of Life, Palliative Approach to Care team at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Leader with a Master's Degree in Nursing, Social Work, Business, or a related discipline to join the End of Life, Palliative Approach to Care team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
In this position, your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Providing leadership for the implementation of a palliative approach to care at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Being responsible and accountable for the planning and design required for initiating, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating the palliative approach to care work.
- Developing implementation plans and ensuring that plans align with best practices.
- Assisting with establishing organizational competencies including:
- organizational awareness and promotion of palliative approach to care,
- effective and varying levels of staff education to facilitate appropriate confidence and competencies among staff,
- and development of a standardized system for identifying and documenting clients who may benefit from a palliative approach to care.
- Working regionally to ensure consistency where appropriate in end of life priorities as well as assisting each Community of Care (CoC) and Providence Healthcare as required.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work, business, or other health related discipline, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience in health care management and/or project management required.
- Formal training and/or significant experience in palliative care or related specialty preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of health care policies, procedures, regulations and legislative environment.
- Demonstrated business and political acumen to lead organization and program change initiatives; possesses health environment and political awareness.
- Ability to inspire others and promote innovation.
- Ability to lead with integrity and trust, build effective teams and foster potential of team members.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others both within and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated customer focus and ability to engage stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a highly dynamic environment subject to continuous change.
- Demonstrated project planning and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of professional education.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of office software applications as effective tools to achieve results.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.