|Job Title: ||Contracts Advisor - Richmond|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you our next Contracts Advisor? Apply today to join the team at Vancouver Coastal Health!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Contracts Advisor for the Richmond Community of Care (CoC). The Contracts Advisor for Richmond reports to the Manager for Contract Advisory Services within the Contract Management Office (CMO).
As the Contracts Advisor for the Richmond Community of Care you will:
- Work in close collaboration with Primary & Community Care operations managers to facilitate the ongoing oversight of the performance and outcomes of the healthcare services delivered to VCH clients by contracted Service Providers under their contractual arrangements.
- Support operations managers with their contract-related issues, ensuring that a clinical operational lens and the recognition of local needs are maintained when developing and managing contracts, while promoting consistency in management practices in obtaining the best value and excellence from the contracted services.
- Work in conjunction with Operations to facilitate decisions and create strong contractual arrangements for our clients’ service needs, closely monitor performance and outcomes, deliver educational and training workshops on contract management best practices, enable contract drafting and interpretation services and foster value-adding service provider relationships with VCH.
- Provide business analysis and project management support to facilitate changes to service contracts within the Richmond CoC - this generally includes supporting and assisting operations leaders in the development, analysis and monitoring of various contractual agreements, deliverables, performance metrics and compliance requirements for their respective contracts.
- Be involved in and accountable for developing and implementing appropriate methods of performance management, and overseeing the various aspects of the contract management process to ensure parties’ compliance with contractual obligations and outcomes, with regulatory and legal requirements, and with VCH’s contract management policy.
- Lead or participate in identified contract management meetings, projects and initiatives, and liaise with other VCH areas to enable effective stakeholder engagement, communications and quality improvement results.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Health, or related field, supplemented by five (5) years’ recent, related experience managing services contracts or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Formal Project Management training is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract management, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contract law, bid processes, and contract negotiations.
- Extensive experience in effectively and successfully managing service provider relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and practices and ability to manage projects to achieve results.
- Broad knowledge of the BC Health Care environment.
- Effective leadership and communication skills to foster a respectful and motivating environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Qualified applicants must submit a completed application form, resume and cover letter with competition # 125309-kch in the email subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.