|Job Title: ||WorkAbility Advisor|
|Work Site: |
Employee Health - Vancouver General Hospital
(Regional Program: May also be expected to work at Lions Gate Hospital, Richmond Hospital or Vancouver General Hospital)
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you the next WorkAbility Advisor at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a WorkAbility Advisor to join the Employee Health team at Vancouver General Hospital. In this position you will develop, implement and monitor safe stay at work and/or return to work plans for employees with injury or illness.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Utilize support resources on the team to develop a safe and suitable care pathway that allows and encourages employees to stay-at-work or return-to-work in a timely manner following injury or illness.
- Maintain full medical confidentiality within the scope of VCH’s Accessing Employee Medical Information Policy.
- Coordinate disability case management of ill and injured employees, including early intervention and provision of services and referrals, to implement cost effective strategies to decrease absence and facilitate early return to work or stay at work.
- Maintain a high level of support for employees participating in disability management through frequent communication with the employee, collaborating with the employee and their care providers in development of goals and objectives compatible to the employee’s disability, monitoring the progress of the employee, communicating and collaborating with managers and union representatives.
- Promote best practices in disability management through communication, provision of expert advice and training of employees, managers, union representatives, HR Advisors and others, as appropriate.
- Follow established guidelines and standards of practice throughout the care pathway.
- Assess employees’ fitness for work based on bona fide medical and functional information.
- Develop, in collaboration with the employee and their care providers, individualized plans that facilitate an injured or ill employee’s return to work or stay at work that meet’s the employee’s functional ability.
- Maintain and evaluate a comprehensive roster of preferred internal and external providers of rehabilitation services.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all employees enrolled in the disability management program.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- University degree in kinesiology, OT, PT or other health care discipline, plus five (5) years recent related experience in a unionized health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Disability Management certificate
- National Institute of Disability Management and Research (NIDMAR) certification is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- disability management
- health care jobs
- relationship management
- verbal and written communication
- current computer literacy in Excel, Power Point, Word
- clinical reasoning
- creative solution-focused
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.