|Job Title: |
CST Project Manager - Clinical Trials
(Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline, plus 5-7 years in project management)
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - 590 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately February 2021
Monday-Friday 08:30-16:30, shifts may include 24hr support, some weekends and on call rotations, and some travel.
Come work as a Project Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Manager to join the CT Project team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
Your day to day responsibilities as a Project Manager may include:
- Ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Working with stakeholders at all levels and inspiring others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Providing leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff.
- Communicating with all levels of staff and management within the Community of Care and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information.
- Liaising with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services
The projects you work on may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes. Your findings and recommendations will have a direct impact on financial and staff resources.
About the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately February 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.