|Job Title: ||Clinical Informatics Specialist - Renal|
|Work Site: ||Renal Care, Vancouver General Hospital|
Temporary Full Time - 1 Year Duration
As soon as possible
0800-1600, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off.
Are you the next Clinical Informatics Specialist at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)?
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Informatics Specialist to join the Renal Care team at Vancouver General Hospital. This position will be focused in End of Life Care for patients with end-stage renal disease.
As a Clinical Informatics Specialist - Renal at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Lead and promote the integration of computer and communications technologies and clinical change initiatives that automate and/or enhance evidence-based clinical practices, access to patient/client information and clinical documentation via the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Your work will involve collaboration with clinical leaders, service and program managers and directors, physicians and staff.
- Work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and sustainability of clinical initiatives that assist in the successful transitioning to a fully integrated EHR throughout VCH programs and services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a health care environment, including extensive experience using related computer technology, clinical change management, and/or project leadership.
- Experience implementing/supporting integrated clinical system environments an asset.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Recent related working experience/knowledge in area of Renal Care is required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Maintains clinical competency, practice standards of care, and knowledge; and supports the integration of evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Demonstrated experience in policy and procedure development and/or clinical documentation standards, business process analysis and reengineering techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management practices, methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical, operational and vendor staff.
- Demonstrates change management orientation in their work and possesses an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates strong research and evaluation skills.
- Advanced computer skills with current multiple applications relevant to the role.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.