|Job Title: ||Senior Learning Specialist|
|Work Site: ||CST Project - 590 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately January 2021
0830-1630, shifts may include 24 hour support, some weekends, on call rotations and some travel.
Come work as a Senior Learning Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Senior Learning Specialist to join the Clinical & Systems Transformation Project. Apply today to join our team!
As a Senior Learning Specialist you will:
- Be accountable and responsible for leading the development of technical/complex training and innovative educational programs/projects.
- Collaborate with Clinical Informatics Leads, physician champions, subject matter experts and leadership to plan, develop, design, evaluate and validate CST/Cerner specialized education programs for designated areas to meet enterprise-wide learning needs of all impacted multidisciplinary staff/providers across the three health organizations.
- Ensure educational programming meets all applicable clinical, organizational and regulatory requirements and policies, and utilize the most effective delivery methods including but not limited to interactive, and innovative multi-media options.
- Monitor and track project progress according to the educational project plans and make recommendations to the Manager and Director on changes required to facilitate a successful outcome regarding major barriers encountered.
About The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education or in a relevant field, plus five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a complex health environment, including progressive education delivery and education program planning or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory, research, technology and related best practices as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to support enhanced educational practices.
- Familiarity with best practices in adult learning and education content design. (e.g., Blended learning strategies such as online curriculum design, videos, interactive education delivery, and principles of gamification).
- Uses superior group facilitation, team building, negotiating, conflict resolution skills and an interactive teaching style to engage learners with a variety of different learning styles and facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Fosters creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving learning and development and in the development of teaching and learning strategies.
- Applies superior written and verbal communication abilities and proficient computer skills in the design and composition of creative high quality, interactive learning materials.
- Advanced computer literacy including the flexibility to work with various work related software programs including Microsoft Office (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc), Outlook, Internet, etc. Familiarity and comfort using social media for educational purposes.
- Superior process design and project management abilities applied in the design and development of learning and development initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, direction and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated strong analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.