|Job Title: ||CST Learning Team Lead (RN/RPN)|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - 590 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time - Term Specific Position (1.00 FTE)
As soon as possible
08:30-16:30, shifts may include 24hr support, some weekends, and on call rotations and some travel
Come work as a Learning Team Lead with the Clinical & Systems Transformation Project (CST) at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Learning Team Lead to join the CST project in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Learning Team Lead you will:
- Be responsible for supporting the health organizations (VCH/PHC/PHSA) vision and philosophy of "Leading Learning and Partnering for Potential" and through the lens of the Education philosophy, utilizing evidence informed education theory to inform curriculum development and delivery across specialties.
- Work in partnership with assigned specialty level clinical leaders (Managers, Clinical Educators, Physician Leaders, etc.) and Regional education leads to ensure the overall success of the CST Transformational Learning program implementation and sustainability within the assigned specialty areas across the three health organizations (VCH/PHC/PHSA).
- Be responsible for providing leadership and consultation and for ensuring the implementation of a competency based framework and evaluation strategy across specialties; ensure CST Training results in end users proficiency and ultimately adoption of the CIS.
- Administer, promote and oversee the ongoing development of Clinical Instructors to promote skill development, ongoing Cerner related knowledge development relevant to the assigned specialty and establishing quality learning environments in collaboration with the site leadership to support the CST related learning needs of clinical staff.
About The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) or other applicable provincial College or Association in British Columbia.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Education, or other discipline, plus seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a complex health environment, including progressive clinical education, and education program planning and delivery experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory, research, technology and related best practices as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to support enhanced educational practices.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong leader, motivator, coach/mentor and as a strong team member.
- Uses superior group facilitation, team building, negotiating, conflict resolution skills and an interactive teaching style to engage learners with a variety of different learning styles and facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Fosters creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving learning and development and in the development of teaching and learning strategies.
- Applies superior written communication abilities and proficient computer skills in the design and composition of creative high quality, interactive learning materials.
- Advanced computer literacy including the flexibility to work with various work related software programs including Microsoft Office (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc), Outlook, Internet, etc. Familiarity and comfort using social media for educational purposes.
- Superior process design and project management abilities applied in the design and development of learning and development initiatives.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.