|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist - Home Health|
|Work Site: ||Powell River Health Unit - Powell River, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Vacation Relief (0.60 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.05 - $43.73 per hour|
0800 - 1600
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays. Additional rotating days off between Monday-Friday.
Come work as an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Powell River, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Occupaitonal Therapist to join the Powell River Health Unit. Apply today to join our team!
As an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning occupational therapy and other services for the client.
- Assess service eligibility, facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, deliver direct care, and provide care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community setting.
- Work in consultation with other system partners and incorporate current evidence into practice.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Recent, related experience in Home Health clinical practice in Community.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Occupational Therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the COTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Basic knowledge of occupational therapy standardised tests and measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of provincial acts and regulations related to home and community care.
- Demonstrated ability to manage psychosocial and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to employ teaching/learning strategies to transfer knowledge to engage clients/families in planning and self management of care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to occupational therapy treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment and current administrative and clinical computer applications.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.