|Job Title: ||Certified Dental Assistant/Office Assistant|
|Work Site: ||Dental Program, Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$22.51 - $24.62 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1639 / Some Wednesdays 1041-1850. Shift times include a 45-minute meal break.|
Come work as a Dental Assistant/Office Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
We have an exciting opportunity to join the team at Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre as a Dental Assistant/Office Assistant. Apply today to join our team!
As a Certified Dental Assistant/Office Assistant with VCH you will:
- Provide a variety of routine clinical dental support and restorative functions as well as preventive dental health information/education to the patient and family.
- Support your team by:
- setting up instruments and supplies;
- obtaining and reviewing patient records and x-ray files for scheduled appointments;
- preparing and positioning patients for treatment in a clinical setting;
- and passing instruments and materials to the Dentist during treatments.
- Provide assistance to professional dental staff, including dental specialists, residents and students in the clinic.
- Explain dental procedures, post operative instructions and oral hygiene instructions to the patient and family.
- Clean and prepare instruments for sterilization and ensure equipment is functioning well.
- Gather and enter relevant patient information into an electronic system.
- Schedule and book patient dental visits and procedures.
- Maintain patient records and assemble patient charts.
- Compiles clinic statistics.
- Process payments for dental services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized Certified Dental Assistant Program plus one (1) years recent, related general dentistry experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration and licensure as a Certified Dental Assistant as required by the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of the current techniques and standards of preventive and restorative dental practice.
- Knowledge of materials, techniques and instruments used by Dentists as related to chair side dental assisting.
- Knowledge of general dental office principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of the techniques and standards of pediatric oral hygiene in the public health setting.
- Knowledge of infection control & reprocessing standards.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and knowledgeable in business writing skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to deal tactfully/effectively and maintain confidentiality with the public, volunteers and other employees and agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work independently with minimal direction, to problem-solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and to prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve, take initiative, anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to make mathematical computations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to use a variety of relevant computer software applications such as PARIS, Dental Software, Health Net and Microsoft applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.