|Job Title: ||Clinical Operations Supervisor (RPN/RN) - Long Term Care|
|Work Site: ||Intermediate Care Unit, Richmond Lions Manor - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.57 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$44.12 - $53.18 per hour|
|Hours: ||0700-1730; 0900-1500, with rotating days off|
Come work as a Clinical Operations Supervisor in Long Term Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Operations Supervisor to join the team at Richmond Lions Manor in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Operations Supervisor in Long Term Care you will:
- Oversee all aspects of care delivery and daily activities of designated programs/areas.
- Provide leadership in program development areas related to best practices in designated programs/areas, integration of innovative health promotion strategies, practice/clinical documentation and clinical education.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on the achievement of quality indicators and program goals and objectives.
- Ensure a high standard of care while promoting interdisciplinary practice and ensuring a safe environment for staff and clients.
- Administrate/oversee and provide supervision to designated staff and team professionals including continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work and client transfer practices, workload and staffing issues.
- Conduct Attendance Wellness Promotion (AWP), Respectful Workplace, accommodation and other meetings in conjunction with an HR Advisor.
- Recruit, hire, select, mentor and retain staff.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Baccalaureate in Nursing and/or Bachelors in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills that include three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues in relevant service area including current trends, best practices and modalities of treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong team leader, motivator, coach/mentor, and team member within a complex multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously communicate effectively and strategically with colleagues, physicians and health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Utilizes strong critical thinking skills when making decisions, resolving issues/conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve, and deal effectively with and guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolving conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to model and foster a positive, collaborative, and respectful team working environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical and administrative supervision and consultation.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to facilitate team building and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes open and direct communication and leads to a cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Employs advanced expertise in the use of current computer software applications to create and maintain a variety of client care information systems (such as PARIS), databases, documents and presentations.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.