|Job Title: ||Director, Medical Imaging|
Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC
Richmond Hospital, and VCH Coastal Sites
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
0800-1600, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off
Are you the next Director, Medical Imaging at Vancouver Coastal Health?
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Director, Medical imaging to join the Regional Medical Imaging team. Apply today to join our team!
In this position you will work closely with the Executive Director, the Director, Medical Imaging and will act as a member of the Medical Imaging Leadership (MIL) Team responsible and accountable for the strategies, leadership and management of Medical Imaging services across the Lower Mainland.
As the Director, Medical Imaging you will:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure high quality and effective delivery of Medical Imaging services needed to support program/service delivery and plans within a multi-site academic, research and client centred environment.
- Act as the primary administration link within the applicable region with respect to operations management, utilization and risk management, quality improvement, and human resource management for Medical Imaging.
- Be the regional lead for designated modalities and work closely with your counterparts on the MIL team to ensure that services are designed in a way which best meets the regional needs of consumers with the aim to improve service delivery for each modality.
- Manage multi-modality technical, nursing and clerical leaders as well as administrative support staff.
- Lead a team of senior staff, and work as a member of a team with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centred care, education and research.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses plus seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related experience in progressively more senior management/leadership roles within a large unionized health care environment including direct supervisory experience of large diagnostic imaging operations, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community. Experience with PACs would be an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure match with strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness.
- Understands available resources for program/service and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Keeps informed about evolving trends and practices, shares knowledge and supports staff to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Broad knowledge/familiarity of diagnostic imaging procedures, services and techniques for multiple modalities to ensure regulatory, quality, safety and accreditation standards are being met.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.