|Job Title: ||Program Manager|
|Work Site: ||Patient Management, Richmond Hospital|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
0800-1600, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off
Are you the next Program Manager at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Program Manager with a Master's Degree to work in Patient Management at Richmond Hospital. The Program Manager reports to the Director, Medical & Surgical Services and works closely with the Program Executive Team.
As a Program Manager at Richmond Hospital you will:
- Be accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of the clinical program/unit/services.
- Be responsible for providing leadership and direction for operations management, utilization and risk management, healthy workplace, team building and quality improvement of the clinical program/unit/services.
- Foster innovation and play a critical role in linking your portfolio with other health services to address the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and to ensure a smooth transition within/from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services.
- Work as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centred care, education and research within a complex multi-site environment that extends to the community.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Masters Degree in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses as well as seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/unit/services and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Promotes development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate team building and develop healthy workplace.
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure and to balance multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- Understands service/organizational/community systems and community development.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.