|Job Title: ||Nursing Practice Initiatives Lead (RN)|
|Work Site: ||Professional Practice Administration, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately March 31, 2020
0800-1600 with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off
Are you the next Nursing Practice Initiatives Lead at Vancouver Coastal Health?
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nursing Practice Initiatives Lead to join the Professional Practice Administration team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nursing Practice Initiatives Lead at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for promoting excellence and advancing professional practice relevant to the strategic direction of the Organization, Professional Practice and the North Shore Community of Care (CoC).
- Work in close collaboration with the regional Professional Practice team, the CoC Operational teams and other relevant internal/external stakeholders.
- Guide the development of professional standards and practice, scope and regulations, supports research activities, and foster collaboration and problem solving between programs, projects and professional staff.
- Provide leadership and expert consultative advice on nursing issues, including scope of practice, clinical informatics, resource planning and research to enhance the practice environments and achieve effective and efficient quality of care.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in nursing with three (3) to five (5) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including program planning, education, facilitation and project leadership or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional practice, nursing regulations and nursing standards and application of these across the continuum of care.
- Understands available resources for practice and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides knowledgeable input into the planning and resources allocation for Service(s)/Program(s) within the Community of Care.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of practice issues.
- Keeps informed about evolving tends and practices, shares knowledge and supports Nurses to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately March 2020.
This position will require travel to our rural and remote sites.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.