|Job Title: ||Community Liaison Worker (Social Services)|
|Work Site: ||Long Term Care, Squamish Health Unit - Squamish, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately March 31, 2020|
|Salary: ||$24.38 - $26.42 per hour|
|Hours: ||0900 - 1700, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off|
Come work as a Community Liaison Worker in Squamish, BC with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Liaison Worker with a certificate or diploma in Social Services to join the Long Term Care team in Squamish, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Liaison Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide support services to clients and their families in community health.
- Support clinical staff as a member of healthcare team(s) by providing appropriate information and support related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Monitor clients, document and provide verbal reports on observations to clinicians.
- Assist clinicians in planning, organizing, and facilitating team based care conferences and or family meetings as required.
- Participate in the process of case planning.
- Assist clients with instrumental activities of daily living (ADL).
- Act as an advocate and/or a liaison for clients, facilitating access to community services and resources.
- Provide information on community services to clients and their caregivers.
- Establish a rapport with clients based on respect and promote clients to manage behaviors and enhance clients’ self-management support.
- Liaise, monitor and coordinate services with the health care team, community services, and medical professionals.
- Coordinate services with medical professionals within an integrated health service delivery model and a range of programs such as Community Health, Primary Care, Mental Health and Substance Use.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Social Services Certificate or Diploma from a recognized College plus (1) year’ recent experience in a community setting supporting clients within the relevant client population or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to personal vehicle .
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of community, social and health resources, and services.
- Working knowledge of the social emotional and health-related problems encountered by the client population.
- Ability and willingness to learn and use appropriate strategies (e.g. harm reduction, recovery oriented, culturally safe and trauma informed care).
- Ability to engage and provide service to a culturally diverse population with a wide range of health challenges (e.g. mental health/substance use and HIV antiretroviral therapy).
- Ability to follow team direction regarding rights and obligations of staff/clients when providing care to clients that fall under legal acts such as adult guardianship, mental health and public Health.
- Ability to demonstrate and assist client with instrumental activities of daily living.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations, manage aggressive behavior, and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioral management techniques.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.