|Job Title: ||Program Support (Secretary/Medical Transcriptionist)|
|Work Site: ||Geriatric Assessment Program, Minoru Residence - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - Other Relief|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately March 9, 2020|
|Salary: ||$25.61 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off|
Come work with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Program Support!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Secretary or Office Administrator with experience in Medical Transcription to join the Geriatric Assessment Program in Richmond as Program Support. Apply today to join our team!
As a Program Support worker at Minoru Residence you will:
- Perform a variety of administrative and secretarial support functions.
- Prioritize items for the attention of the Geriatricians and Program Manager.
- Maintain appointment calendars and coordinates and attend meetings to provide secretarial support and complete follow-up actions.
- Type technical and non-technical material such as correspondences, various reports and policies/procedures utilizing intermediate word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Compile and distribute reports on statistical and other relevant information and screen and prioritize incoming materials.
- Enter billing information into a computerized billing system for submission to Finance and develop and maintain a filing system.
- Schedule and book site tours.
- Perform reception functions such as receiving and greeting guests, answering telephone calls and screening and channelling phone calls.
- Relay messages to appropriate personnel as needed; maintain well functioning equipment, appropriate levels of stationary, and other supplies.
- Cover for other Secretaries/Receptionists as needed.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized secretarial program, supplemented by recognized courses in medical transcription, plus three (3) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 60 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.