|Job Title: ||Digital Communications Leader|
|Work Site: ||Digital Communications - 520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Are you the next Digital Communications Leader at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)?
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an experienced Digital Communications professional to join the Digital Communications team in Vancouver, BC!
The Ideal Candidate
The Digital Communications Leader is a resourceful, creative, and customer-focused individual capable of seeing the big picture and yet not shy about rolling up his/her sleeves to work shoulder-to-shoulder with team members to implement tactics and meet project deadlines. The Leader should have a solid understanding of both technical and editorial best practices for a variety of digital communication tools and channels, such as e-newsletters, blogs, websites (external and intranet), and social media networks, and be insightful about when and how to use these mediums to target niche audiences across the health authority. The Leader should also have an appreciation of measurement and evaluation, and understand how to apply data to improve audience engagement and contribute to larger organizational goals and objectives. The impact of your insightful decision-making abilities will be evident in the success of our digital communication channels to engage and influence attitude or behaviour changes in key audiences.
The Digital Communications Leader will do the following on a day-to-day basis:
- Guide the strategy and management of the employee intranet and external website.
- Prepare original digital communication plans.
- Work with internal clients on employee communication strategies and monitor operation of internal and external digital communication channels for efficiency and alignment of messages.
- Be responsible for directing and guiding the work of team members in digital engagement and managing contracts for services such as VCH microsites, future web development and troubleshooting.
- Be responsible for overall internal and external audience digital engagement by creating insightful communication strategies, inspiring team members to come up with new and creative ways to connect with staff, physicians and patients, and nurturing partnerships with contracted service providers to keep digital communication channels running cost effectively, efficiently and at pace with industry trends.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline, plus five (5) to ten (10) years of previous communications and leadership experience, preferably within large, multidisciplinary organizations, or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience.
- Professional accreditation as recognized by the health authority. Experience in health care and/or other public sector organizations is desirable.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of digital communication concepts, strategies, and technical skills required in the planning, execution and evaluation of digital communication plans for internal and external audiences.
- Superior writing, editing and storytelling skills, to aid in the production of high quality and compelling communication materials.
- Working knowledge of current trends in writing, graphic arts, photography, digital communications, including social media networks and community building, and video production.
- Appreciation of employee engagement and change management techniques to be mindful of opportunities for effective collaboration with other corporate services and teams to advance strategic priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in sound decision-making and take smart risks independent of the Director, balanced with judgment to know when and how to seek guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects on budget and on deadline; supervises internal and coordinates external suppliers.
- Negotiates and manages contracts for services such as web development and web support.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as an internal consultant to creatively meet client needs and build strategic alliances with internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of stakeholder needs and an acute awareness of the impact of actions.
- Demonstrated ability to set short and long-term priorities, and to effectively engage team members in responding to new priorities and making necessary changes to work flow in the face of emerging issues or client demands.
- Applies superior conflict management, critical thinking, judgment and political expertise to develop and present key messages, and persuade and influence internal and external stakeholders, ensuring effective and appropriate communications.
- Identifies emerging initiatives, trends and industry best practices and ensures full consideration in the development and implementation of service delivery goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, tact and diplomacy and to act with a high degree of ethical and professional behaviour.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.