|Job Title: ||Community Liaison Worker|
|Work Site: ||DTES Connections, Low Threshold Methadone Clinic, Downtown Eastside (DTES) - Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$24.38 - $26.42 per hour|
|Hours: ||0800-2000/0800-1800/1000-1800, with casual shifts as assigned|
Come work as a Community Liaison Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a graduate of a Social Services Worker Program to join its team as a Community Liaison Worker. Apply today to join our team! As a Community Liaison Worker at the Low Threshold Methadone Clinic you will:
- Work as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide a variety of advocacy/liaison services to clients within the designated program living with health issues including those who are taking HIV medications.
- Screen clients for eligibility for services.
- Link clients to appropriate internal and external resources and advocates for clients with various community and/or government agencies.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12, plus completion of Social Services Worker program from a recognized College and one to two years’ experience working with marginalized client populations, including HIV populations, with complex health and/or psychosocial problems or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of community resources and services.
- Knowledge of related issues facing clients starting or receiving HIV Anti viral therapy.
- Working knowledge of the social emotional and health-related problems encountered by the population of the downtown community eastside.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work independently with minimal direction, to problem solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make mathematical computations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.