|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse - High Acuity|
|Work Site: ||Burns Trauma High Acuity, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately November 30, 2020|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
|Hours: ||0700-1915 / 1900-0715, with rotating days off|
Come work as a Registered Nurse in the Burns Trauma High Acuity Unit (BTHA) at Vancouver General Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a High Acuity trained Registered Nurse to join the Burns Trauma High Acuity Unit at Vancouver General Hospital. As a Registered Nurse in High Acuity at VCH you will:
- Provide nursing care to acutely ill patients with complex, acute and often co-existing chronic illnesses both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in High Acuity Nursing or two years’ recent, related experience in a high acuity setting or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP’s standards of practice for registered nurses.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem-solve and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.