|Job Title: ||Clinical Nurse Educator - Regional Addictions Program|
Regional Addictions Program - 601 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
North Shore/Sea-to-Sky areas.
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately March 31, 2021|
|Salary: ||$41.42 - $50.77 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off|
Come work as a Clinical Educator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Educator to join its team at 601 West Broadway in Vancouver, BC. As a Clinical Educator with the Regional Addictions Program you will:
- Provide clinical education within designated Primary Care programs using specialized theory and knowledge as well as teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team members, clinical educators, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and the Program Manager in the promotion of continuous quality improvement related to resolution of clinical issues, educational programming, and in coordination of activities required for progressive clinical learning.
- Take corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs.
- Participate in strategic planning as required.
- Assist in achieving interdisciplinary team goals.
- Act as a resource for nurses and other health care providers in the community using consultation, in-services and presentations using specialized knowledge of theory and skills.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Three (3) years recent community health nursing practice with a focus on addictions and inner city health and experience working with clients who have multiple acute and chronic health issues with overlying substance use issues, related teaching experience with a demonstrated knowledge and skills in adult learning and adult education principals or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of community nursing theory and practice with a population health approach.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) Standards for Nursing Practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to Community Health and Health education.
- Broad knowledge of adult HIV and other risk population issues.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to Community Health.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to Health Education.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.