|Job Title: ||Facilities Maintenance Administrative Assistant|
|Work Site: ||Plant Maintenance, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$25.61 per hour|
|Hours: ||0730-1530, with Saturday, Sunday, statutory holidays|
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Facilities Maintenance Assistant to join its Plant Maintenance team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team! As a Facilities Maintenance Administrative Assistant at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Process work/maintenance orders and coordinate the workflow of office activities for the department by screening and prioritizing items for the attention of the Manager, Facilities Operations or designate and perform other related clerical and secretarial functions for the department
- Update information into the departmental maintenance management database and compile regular reports for decision-making purposes
- Perform timekeeping, process vacation requests, type technical and non-technical materials using various software applications and arranges meetings
- Document meeting minutes
- Maintain departmental stationary and supplies levels
- Process maintenance invoices, work/maintenance orders, purchasing requisitions and preventative maintenance requests through to completion
- Ensure dollar amount on invoices is correct and that required information has been entered, perform calculations, investigate discrepancies, make adjustments to invoices as required, and maintain computerized files
- Responsible for the performance of clerical functions for the department such as compiling regular reports for decision-making purposes, producing spreadsheets and report documents utilizing computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, word-processing technical and non-technical materials, and spreadsheet and database duties
- Update information into the departmental maintenance management database.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized secretarial program plus three (3) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 50 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.