|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Independent Dialysis Outreach|
|Work Site: ||Independent Dialysis/Home Hemodialysis - Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately July 31, 2020|
|Salary: ||$34.83 - $45.73 per hour|
|Hours: ||0700-1500/0800-1600/0900-1700, on call required. This position has Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off.|
Within the context of a client and family centred care model, and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of practice and code of ethics for registered nurses, and the established vision and values of the organization, provides nursing care to clients and teaches clients/families about management and treatment of chronic renal failure both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Supports independent clients through outreach visits to help build and maintain individual independent dialysis knowledge and skills. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care givers. Demonstrates expertise and leadership in nursing practice. Maintains and advances clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in nephrology nursing and two years of recent Peritoneal and Home Hemodialysis experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the etiology, physiology, manifestations and treatment of renal disease.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult physiology.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to treatment of clients with end-stage renal failure.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage work, take initiative, demonstrate flexibility and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in applying principles of teaching and learning with adult/client learners
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in techniques pertaining to hemo, nocturnal and peritoneal dialysis.
- Ability to operate related equipment such as hardware and software systems dialysis and transonic equipment.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.