|Job Title: ||Senior Internal Auditor|
|Work Site: ||601 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC or Central City— 13450-102 Ave, Surrey|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
0900-1700, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join the team! The Senior Internal Auditor oversees overall audit project success and covers a variety of areas. This role is best suited to someone who enjoys problem solving and designing new approaches to unique situations.
Key activities include:
- Planning and performing a variety of high profile complex and large-scale risk-based internal audit services throughout First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), Fraser Health Authority (FHA), Providence Health Care (PHC), and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)
- Overall project execution including formulating audit plans and overseeing project procedures, progress, communications, and team members across various types of operational, financial, performance, IT, and advisory engagements
- Recommending improvements to existing policies and procedures to ensure that internal controls and systems operate effectively and efficiently
- Enthusiastically building and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders while navigating challenging situations
- Communicating with representatives from other Health Authorities, the shared services organization, and provincial government ministries including the Office of the Auditor General of British Columbia and the Office of the Comptroller General of British Columbia regarding best practices, risk management, and internal control matters
- Applying the logic of auditing criteria and analysis to a wide variety of areas
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and a recognized accounting/audit/risk designation (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRISC, CFE), plus five (5) years’ recent, related audit, financial or operational experience in a large and complex computerized environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Applies knowledge of recognized audit standards, and other relevant legislation and regulations including the Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection Act.
- Uses expertise and knowledge of current computer auditing techniques and system applications and databases used in the auditing functions.
- Applies knowledge of modern assurance techniques, approaches, methods and practices to ensure effective internal audit systems and processes.
- Applies superior persuasion and conflict management skills to achieve support for recommendations.
- Establishes plans to execute audit process reviews, and as part of a team, identifies how team decisions are to be successfully reached and followed through to completion.
- Takes ownership over work; overseeing end to end completion of audits and utilizing project management skills in carrying out work in a reasonable timeframe and maintaining quality.
- Uses strong written communication abilities and organizational skills to prepare comprehensive documentation of procedures performed and related results.
- Uses strong oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to communicate with and present to a variety of internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired objectives.
- Experience with IT related audit would be an asset
- Experience with investigations would be an asset
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Why join Vancouver Coastal Health?
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Health and Dental coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance program
- Work- life balance
- Endless learning opportunities!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.