|Job Title: ||Clinical Dietitian 1|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver Acute Resource Services, Dieticians - Vancouver General Hospital/UBC Hospital/GF Strong|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$31.84 - $39.72 per hour|
Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and the vision and values of the organization, works in a team based environment under the general supervision of another Dietitian and provides clinical dietetic services to clients and patient care programs through the assessment, planning, implementing and outcome evaluation of nutritional goals and care plans. Provides recommendations based on assessment and treatment modalities regarding oral and/or enteral nutrition support regime. Collaborates with members of the health care team and participates in practice-based research projects.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia (CDBC).
- Graduate of Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship Program or equivalent education, training and experience as approved by the College of Dietitians of BC.
- Restricted Activities A &/or C may be required
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of clinical dietetic theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Knowledge of enteral nutrition.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care plan, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with (both verbally and in writing), and to deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care professionals, clients and their families, and external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate client/patient/group education classes.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement nutrition care plans in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and to think critically.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate related equipment and techniques appropriate to clinical areas.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a computerized patient information system.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.