|Job Title: ||Case Manager (RN) - Facility/Priority Access Liaison|
|Work Site: ||Continuing Care Long Term Care Contract - 520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver/North Shore Long Term Care Homes/Berkley Care Centre|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$34.83 - $45.73 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off|
Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of professional practice and Code of Ethics for registered nurses, and the established vision and values of the organization, this position facilitates the placement of clients who meet the criteria required for Priority Access registration into residential care, hospice/palliative care, assisted living or supportive housing for person’s with disabilities. Assesses physical, emotional, environmental and learning needs of clients, prioritizes referrals and screens clients for eligibility to continuing care services; reviews the need for, and organizes the transfer of, residents inter-and intraregionally. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, hospital staff and care/service providers to ensure appropriate and timely placements and to achieve excellence in health services and education. Acts independently, within the framework of regulations, in assessing situations using referral resources and arranging for on-going care. In conjunction with the interdisciplinary team, develops and implements care plans, participates in inter-agency case management and ensures the appropriate placement and level of care for clients. Identifies/assesses potential legal, ethical and professional implications of decisions.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Training in community health nursing and a minimum of three (3) years’ recent experience in community health nursing, including experience in case management or Home Care community nursing or nursing employment in intermediate or extended care and out-patient clinical settings or geriatric assessment centres or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid British Columbia Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the geriatric population and associated psychosocial issues related to this population.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current long term care service delivery system.
- Demonstrated understanding of the broad determinants of health.
- Demonstrated knowledge of provincial legislation, standards and policies and health authority standards and policies related to Residential Care Access Policy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilities and hospital policies, including discharge processes and Alternate Level of Care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health agencies/resources and available services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care and other health and community resources related to the care of clients and caregivers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution techniques.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize work, applying time management skills to schedule activities and complete assignments under deadlines in a manner that optimizes effectiveness and adapts to changes in workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships within an inter-disciplinary service delivery model and with a variety of internal/external contacts, including physician and other acute care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others tactfully, effectively and respectfully.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to apply acquired analytical/investigative skills and the knowledge to effectively gather, maintain and analyze statistics.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment and by applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer applications necessary for completing day-to-day functions and maintaining client records and ability to operate other related equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.