|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist (PT) 1|
|Work Site: |
Vancouver Acute Resource Services - Vancouver General Hospital
UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until return of incumbent|
|Salary: ||$33.83 - $42.19 per hour|
|Hours: ||08:00-16:00; on-call 1 in 20; may include weekends|
The Patient Population:
As a physiotherapist in the Vancouver Acute Resource Services, you will support complex patients from a wide spectrum of patient populations including:
- Experience gained in all aspects of the Vancouver Acute from Critical Care to Rehabilitation
- Ideal for physiotherapist that have a good base of experience but are wanting to learn more about a variety of patient populations and conditions
- A wonderful learning experience
The Nature of your Work
The nature of your support/assistance/treatment to your clients could include:
- Assessment, treatment, exercise prescription and progression for a variety of patient populations
- Employ and learn a wide range of skills
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardised tests and measures.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in Physiotherapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.