|Job Title: ||Program Advisor, Physician Quality|
|Work Site: ||Regional Quality Improvement - Corporate Administration 520 W 6th, Vancouver|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately August 26, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Physician Quality, the Program Advisor develops, leads, and coordinates projects, feasibility studies and business cases involving analysis around physician quality. The Advisor plays a lead role in appropriateness of care analysis, integrating clinical data with other sources of evidence, and assessment of alternate service delivery and practice models. The incumbent is an integral member of the interdisciplinary team that provides decision support to promote physician performance improvement to improve patient outcome and quality. Key partnerships are with physician leads, executive, and senior level management across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC), Decision Support staff, Quality and Patient Safety staff, and interdisciplinary project team members.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Health Planning, Business Administration or Behavioural Sciences, supplemented by postgraduate course work in health care planning or health policy development and analysis.
- Plus, five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in senior level planning or program development in healthcare or social services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (ASQ or recognized institution) or PMP/CaPM/PMI-SP are assets.
- In this role, travel within the local and geographic area may require the use of a vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Competent decision making that manages and considers the potential impact to health authority service provision, client care, unionized and non-contract staff deployment, and financial implications, as well as considers industry trends, Ministry of Health initiatives, and government directions.
- Identifies, collects and analyzes relevant information, including industry-wide assessments and research, to support the health planning, sustainable improvement, and modeling needs of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with and support physicians and clinicians.
- Expertly understands health systems information, health services operations, and external health care environment to appropriately analyze complex information, research, and policy mandates.
- Provides expertise and support in the development of organizational goals and objectives, performance indicators, appropriate databases and statistical and analytical tools.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Working knowledge of SQL, server, SQL queries, R, Tableau, data cleaning is a strong asset.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately August 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.