|Job Title: ||Case Manager - Chronic Supportive Team (RN)|
Home Health Case Management - Central Community Health Centre
Community Health - West Team
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$34.83 - $45.73 per hour|
|Hours: ||08:30-16:30 with Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays off|
Within a comprehensive case management model, in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of professional practice and Code of Ethics, and the established mission, vision, values and objectives of the organization, the Supportive Case Manager manages a select population of eligible Home Health clients requiring supportive case management skills. Determines client goals and needs, assesses client situations, works effectively with community resources and plans with clients for care and support in accordance with their health needs. Within a multidisciplinary team context, provides continuity of care across the continuum by assessing clients, liaising with team members, coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition. Acts as a clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on specialized theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs. Consults, confers, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Three years’ recent clinical nursing experience in Home Health and case management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles.
- Broad knowledge of case management and practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BCCNP’s standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Comprehensive knowledge related to care of clients needing supportive case management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to care of clients needing supportive case management.
- Maintains and adheres to visit standards established for case management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgement in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement project action plans and accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of supplies and materials utilized in the provision of community based nursing service.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the treatment of the client population.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.